Creating a PDF file is a great way to share your ideas and ensure they can’t be changed without leaving an electronic footprint. There are several ways to create a PDF file, and all of them are fairly quick and easy. This wikiHow teaches you 4 different ways to create a PDF.
[Edit]things you should know
- Using a Word document to create a PDF is easiest because the application has built-in PDF tools.
- In Word on PC or Mac, go to “File > Save As” and select “PDF” as the file type or format, then click “Export” or “Save.”
- You can also use a web browser to save the PDF in the print dialog by selecting “Save as PDF” instead of the printer.
[Edit]create pdf from word doc on pc
- Open your document in Microsoft Word. The app looks like a blue rectangle with a “W”.
- If you don’t already have a document, you can create a file in Word to convert to PDF.
- Click. It’s in the ribbon above the editing space in the document.
- Click. You’ll see this in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Instead of saving PDF to .docx, you can choose save as instead.
- Select under the “Save as type” drop-down. It’s near the bottom of the menu.
- Click. You now have a PDF version of the Word document, but if you want to make changes to it, open the “.docx” or “.doc” version and make your changes before saving it as a PDF again.
[Edit]create pdf from word doc on mac
- Open your document in Microsoft Word. You’ll find this app in the Applications folder in the Finder.
- Click. You’ll see this option in the Apple menu at the top of your screen.
- Click. you can also press shift + cmd + s,
- choose . It’s an option at the bottom of the Save As menu. Click the arrow to see more formatting options.
- Give your file a name if it doesn’t already have one.
- Click. This blue button is in the lower-right corner of the window and will save the file as a PDF.
[Edit]use web browser
- Navigate to the page you want to save as PDF. You can use any web browser on PC or Mac to do this.
- This is the easiest and best way to save a webpage as PDF. You’ll need to repeat this process for all the different pages in the site you want to save, such as for a About Me And Contact Page. Once you have individual PDFs for them, you can merge them in a number of ways.
- Press (Windows) or (Mac). This will open the Print menu.
- Select “Save as PDF” from the drop-down. If you’re using Windows, you’ll see this option under the “Printers” menu. You’ll see a “Save as PDF” option under the “Local destination” heading on a Mac.
- Click. The page will be saved as a PDF and your file manager may open so that you can choose where to save it.
[Edit]Using Online Converter on PC or Mac
- Find a reliable online converter. Browse the Internet to find free and effective PDF converters. A reliable converter is https://tools.pdf24.org/en/create-pdf
- You can also go to https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/features/create-pdf.html and use the free trial to create PDFs with Adobe Reader.
- or click Any Converter will give you the option to browse through your files to select the ones you want to add to the PDF.
- Select or do as many files as you want. Most online converters will limit you to three files at a time.
- Some offer a paid “Plus” service that will allow you to add up to 50 files!
- Click. Wait for the file to convert to PDF. This may take a few minutes, especially if you have many files. When the process is finished, you will be told that your files are ready to be downloaded.
- Download your converted files. Click on the files and wait for them to download.
- Save them on your computer. You have completed the creation of PDF files.
- Always save the file even if you have saved the PDF file. Editing is usually easier.
- Links in text will not work in PDF format, so be sure to type the entire URL (https://something.com) rather than linking to the text (creating a hyperlink).
- If you don’t have Word, you can use OpenOffice instead.
- If you already have a file on your computer, you can easily convert it to PDF.
- You can also add pictures to your PDF.
- save a pdf file
- print pdf files
- Convert Documents to PDF for Free (Windows)
- convert a file to pdf
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/save-or-convert-to-pdf-or-xps-in-office-desktop-apps-d85416c5-7d77-4fd6-a216-6f4bf7c7c110#ID0EBBH= Mac OS