Moving to another city or state can be difficult and may cost you a fortune like buying a new home or renting and relocating expenses. Although it also depends on the amount of furniture you have in your home and wish to move with, it is always ideal for one to have a financial backup plan for future uncertainties.
Well, if you are planning to change your address and have money related concerns, you need not worry anymore. Zeromax has come up with some solutions to take you out on the town while saving your pockets from extra unnecessary expenses.
how to travel without money
To make your relocation more manageable and reduce expenses, you may want to consider pursuing Low Income Relocation Assistance or another federal relocation assistance program. So what exactly does this relocation aid mean? Basically, a group of non-profit organizations or federally funded programs specifically meant to help low-income families relieve some of the financial burdens of moving ahead of them.
seek help from rehabilitation assistance programs
However there is an eligibility criteria to come under the category of needy. So read along and see if you can get support from this system.
- Government incentive program – Some state and local governments offer a variety of these incentive programs to help low-income families relocate.
- Business Adjustment Assistant Program – This program provides assistance to people who are affected by job loss through American Job Centers. You can search the AJC Service Locator to find a support center near you and receive assistance.
- Emergency Solutions Grant Program – This is a program supported by federal funds. It provides rental assistance to individuals or families, emergency shelter, housing search or placement, and fostering to those at risk of homelessness.
- salvation Army – The Salvation Army is one of the largest non-profit organizations in America that provides short-term financial resources to those in need. They have recently launched a Housing Now program which was specifically launched to motivate individuals or families in need of a home.
- minor needs It is also a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to people who are not eligible for any regular social assistance.
- Catholic Charities – There are about 160 Catholic Charities in the US working to provide financial assistance to poor families. These charities run both private programs and partnership programmes.
- YWCA – This organization specially works to empower women and help them socially and economically.
These were some of the incentive programs that can help you move smoothly into a new home.
get help from the government
The US government provides a variety of benefits to low-income families. You can do research and find out if there are programs available for your needs.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development – HUD funds several programs to provide rental or housing assistance to people. You can get help from hud.gov.
- Federal Rehabilitation Assistance Program – Under this program, you can apply for federal assistance in case of property acquisition or demolition.
- Veterans Affairs Rehabilitation Assistance Program – The Department of Veterans Affairs provides the best relocation plans as per one’s needs. Many companies offer discounts to veterans and their families.
- Rural Housing Service – The US Department of Agriculture runs several programs, such as lending, in partnership with non-profit organizations and other related agencies.
These were just some of the services provided by the US government to individuals or families looking for a new home or home modification. You can reach out to these programs and ask for help.
do it yourself as much as possible
While seeking support can easily work, saving money by cutting costs is always beneficial. For example, if you hire a packers and movers service, it may cost around $9,000, while renting a truck, driving it, and moving your furniture without outside help will cost you around $2,000. may come So, if you move your stuff yourself or maybe enlist the help of a friend, you could end up saving up to $7,000.
Do-it-yourself moves work efficiently. If you have no experience with relocating, do more in-depth research on the topic to learn about the details before beginning your move.
Use other types of packing material
To store your stuff, you can use items other than boxes, such as laundry hampers or dresser drawers. You can also use any plastic box you have lying around. They’ll come in handy later. You can use towels, blankets or cloths as an alternative to packing paper and bubble wrap, and you can bring these items with you. You can even reuse boxes you already own to pack bulky items.
Find places that offer free moving supplies and take advantage of them
You can often find boxes for free if you know where to look. You should make several inquiries. One of these should be local grocery stores and other retail establishments. You can ask your family and friends if they have extra packing materials.
Find a reliable and affordable moving company to help you move
If you need more money or want to do a DIY move, consider hiring a professional moving company like ZeroMax. Many relocation companies offer discounts that allow customers to relocate even when they don’t have the money. Many companies offer junk removal for a reasonable price. A DIY move can lead to unforeseen expenses if you’re not experienced. It is better to hire a professional to take you out
hang out with a friend
If you’re moving to a city where a friend or relative already lives, you can stay in their apartment or house and share rent with them. Sharing rent can save you a lot while keeping you from homelessness.
sell your unwanted stuff
List your unwanted items and sell them to those in need. This will help you in clutter free packing and save a few bucks for your future requirements.
If you are roaming without money then you should not do these things
You can relocate or hire a professional HRA moving company like Zeromax, but there are a few things you should avoid.
Before implementing the tasks, it is important to make a plan. It doesn’t matter whether you are going out with your family or all alone. Moving from one city to another has a great impact on your life.
Seeking help from professionals or relatives and friends can provide you with a lot of guidance in the future. You can also contact ZeroMax or another relocation company to see if they offer low budget options that are suitable for you.
There’s nothing wrong in keeping your moving plans a secret, but let your family and friends know as soon as you plan to execute them. Your relatives and friends can also help you in various ways like offering to drive you, or move your furniture with you etc.
Relocating is easier when you have a financial backup plan. In case, you are out of funds or broke, you should reconsider your change of city or state plan.