This wikiHow teaches you how to stop Facebook from sending text message notifications to your mobile phone, even if you don’t have an active Facebook account. If you’re getting unwanted messages in the Facebook Messenger app, you can block them in Messenger.
[Edit]10 second edition
1. Start a new lesson for 32665,
2. Type stop in the body.
3. Send text to stop messages.
[Edit]use your phone
- Open your text messaging (SMS) app. You can send a text message to a specific Facebook number to stop Facebook messages, even if you’re not a Facebook member.
- Start a new text to the Facebook SMS number. This number varies depending on the country you are sending the message from. You can check your specific country and carrier on the Facebook Help page. Below are some of the most common:
- USA, UK, Brazil, Mexico, Canada – 32665 (some smaller carriers differ)
- Ireland – 51325
- India – 51555
- Type as message.
- send text. You may be informed that lessons may cost money. This is normal, and is just telling you that you will be charged your normal texting rate for sending messages.
- Wait for a response. You will receive a text message from a different number indicating that Facebook text messages have been turned off. You should no longer receive any Facebook texts for your mobile number.
[Edit]Using the Facebook App (iPhone)
- Open the Facebook app. Make sure you’re signed in with the Facebook account you want to change text message settings for.
- Tap on the button. You’ll see this in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap
- Tap .
- Tap .
- Tap .
- Tap in the box.
- Tap the box to uncheck it. You will no longer receive text messages on the associated mobile number
[Edit]Using the Facebook App (Android)
- Open the Facebook app. You must be signed in with the Facebook account for which you want to change the text notification setting.
- Tap on the button. You’ll see it in the upper-right corner.
- Scroll down and tap you will see it in Help and Settings section.
- Tap .
- Tap .
- Tap on the section.
- Tap the box to uncheck it. You will no longer receive text message notifications for your Facebook account.
[Edit]use the facebook website
- Go to the Facebook website. You can use the Facebook website to disable your text message notification settings as well as completely remove your phone number from your account.
- Login with your Facebook account. Make sure you are logging in with the account that is associated with the mobile number you want to stop sending texts to.
- Click the button. You’ll see this to the right of the blue bar in the upper-right corner of the Facebook page after you’ve signed in.
- Click on the tab. You’ll see it on the left side of the page.
- Click on the entry.
- Click on the radio button.
- Click. New notifications will no longer be sent to your mobile number.
- If the messages don’t stop, remove your phone number completely. If you’re still receiving Facebook messages, you can completely remove your phone number:
- log in to facebook and open Adjustment Menu.
- Click mobile tab.
- Click Removal next to your phone number.
- Click remove phone to confirm.
- use facebook places
- use the telephone