Are you enjoying a video on YouTube but interrupted by an ad? If you don’t mind paying a monthly fee, signing up for YouTube Premium will prevent ads from appearing on any platform you’re signed in to. Otherwise, you’ll need to look into third party apps for adblockers or VPN services. , which may or may not be free. Finally, you can disable ads on your own videos if you’re trying to prevent your viewers from seeing them. This wikiHow teaches you how to prevent ads on YouTube from appearing for you as well as on videos that you’ve uploaded for other people to watch.
[Edit]things you should know
- The easiest way to block ads on YouTube is by signing up for YouTube Premium.
- For a free solution, try using an ad-blocking web browser like Brave to watch YouTube videos ad-free.
- Lastly, there are paid options for the VPN service as well, such as AdLock for Windows and Mac.
[Edit]Signing up for YouTube Premium
- Open the YouTube Premium sign-up page. Go to https://www.youtube.com/premium in your computer’s web browser.
- A YouTube Premium membership removes all ads from any video you watch when you’re signed in to your Google Account on all your devices (i.e., Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, Xbox, etc.).
- Click. It’s a blue button in the middle of the page.
- If you’re signed in to your Google Account and you’ve already used a free month of YouTube Premium or YouTube Red, this button will say get youtube premium instead.
- If you aren’t logged into your Google Account, enter your email address and password when prompted, then click try it free again before proceeding.
- Enter your payment details. Type your card number, card expiration date and card security code in the labeled text fields, then enter your billing address as it appears on your bank statement in the “Billing Address” text box.
- If you want to use non-card payment method, click Add a Credit or Debit Card Click at the top of the window, then click add new paypal account and follow the on-screen prompts.
- If you already have a card with Google, you’ll simply enter the card’s security code.
- Click. It’s under the window. Doing so signs you up for YouTube Premium; You’ll get one month free, after which you’ll be billed $11.99 per month.
- if you clicked get youtube premium instead of try it freeYou’ll be billed when you click Purchase,
[Edit]use the brave
- Get an ad-blocker web browser from the Google Play Store or App Store. There are lots of websites that offer ad-blocking, such as Brave.
- You can also get Brave for Windows, Mac, and Linux computers!
- Go to YouTube.com with that web browser. Make sure you’re using an ad-blocker browser, such as Brave, rather than Chrome or another web browser!
- Switch the toggle to Brave to activate ad-blocking. The toggle is on a shield-looking background and will turn orange to indicate you’re being protected.
[Edit]on google chrome
- Open Google Chrome. Click or double-click the Chrome app icon, which resembles a red, yellow, green, and blue circle.
- Open the Adblock for YouTube extension page. This is the official download page for Adblock for YouTube.
- Click. It’s a blue button in the upper-right side of the page.
- Click when prompted. Doing so adds Adblock for YouTube to your Google Chrome browser. You can also pin the extension to your toolbar so that you can access it easily.
- Close the “Adblock for YouTube” tab when it opens. Once this tab is opened, Adblock for YouTube has been successfully installed.
- Watch YouTube videos without ads. Now that Adblock for YouTube is installed in Chrome, YouTube videos will no longer display ads.
- You can also try an ad-blocker called uBlock Origin, which is another Chrome extension that is also free.
[Edit]adlock for windows
- Go to https://adlock.com/adlock-for-windows/ in a web browser. Adblock for Windows is a paid subscription service (much cheaper than premium) that will block every ad you see in whatever browser or games you use (like Windows 10 Jigsaw).
- You can sign up for a free trial by clicking download and downloading software to try it before you buy it.
- Install the downloaded software. You should see a notification pop-up on your web browser once the file is downloaded. Click on the .exe to open it.
- If you missed the notification, you can find the downloaded file in File Explorer’s “Downloads”.
- Follow the installation wizard. Click Yes and allow the software to make changes to your PC, then choose an install location and click Complete,
- Open Adlock. Click on the icon that resembles a padlock with the word “Advertising” inside it.
- Click on the toggle to turn it on. You won’t miss it – this toggle is big and in the middle of your screen.
- Now any web browser you have open will automatically block ads, and that includes YouTube ads.
[Edit]adlock for mac
- Go to https://adlock.com/adlock-for-macos/ in a web browser. AdLock for Mac is a paid service (much cheaper than YouTube Premium) and highly popular software for blocking ads. This will block ads from not only YouTube, but any web browser you use.
- Click. This yellow button is centered near the top of the page.
- A Finder window will open allowing you to save it to a different location, and the page will change to installation instructions.
- Install the downloaded software. The downloaded file will automatically open when the download is finished, and all you have to do is drag the AdLock installer to the Applications folder.
- Follow the installation wizard. Click continue Through the installation setup, then enter your Mac’s administrator username and password to finalize the process.
- Open AdLock and click it when prompted. Click the icon that looks like a padlock with the word “Ads” inside it to open AdLock, then you’ll need to grant a few more permissions before you can continue.
- Click. You’ll see this next to “System software from the application, ‘AdLock.app’ was blocked from loading” at the bottom of the window.
- You can now use any web browser to block YouTube and other ads.
- A paid VPN service that includes ad-blocking may be the solution for you. There are many different VPN providers, but NordVPN and CyberGhost are two of the top rated.
- Sign up for a VPN and change your country to a region like Poland, Czechia, Georgia or Lithuania. YouTube doesn’t display any ads in those places. Note that some VPNs do not work in certain regions.
[Edit]Disabling ads on your videos
- Know when to do this. Use this method only if you want to turn off ads on videos you’ve uploaded so that users can’t see them; Otherwise, move on to one of the other methods.
- Removing ads from your video(s) will stop the display of the video(s) in question.
- Open youtube. Go to https://www.youtube.com/ in your computer’s web browser. This will open your YouTube home page if you’re logged into your Google Account.
- If you’re not signed in, click Sign in Please enter your email address and password in the top-right corner of the page before proceeding.
- You’ll need to do this process on a computer.
- Click on your profile icon. It’s a circular icon in the upper-right corner of the page. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click. It’s in the drop-down menu. Doing so opens the YouTube Studio page.
- Click on the tab. It’s on the left side of the page. A list of your uploaded videos should appear.
- Find the video you want to use. Scroll down until you find the video you want to disable ads on.
- Click the “Monetization” drop-down box. It’s next to the name of the video. Doing so brings up a drop-down menu.
- If you don’t see this option, your account isn’t set up for monetization; Thus, your videos should not contain ads.
- Click. It’s in the drop-down menu.
- Click. It’s in the lower-right corner of the menu. This will turn off the ads for your selected videos, however you will no longer get paid for the videos.
- Purchasing a YouTube Premium membership will remove ads from all videos.