DevOps consulting services involve hiring a team of experts to help projects implement DevOps best practices into their software development and delivery routines. Such companies provide guidance, strategy, and technical expertise to improve the efficiency and quality of the software delivery pipeline.
Getting a professional consultation on organizing development processes is a game changer for most projects. Even without direct involvement in the work, morphing the way your app is designed to be more productive and efficient can drastically reduce time-to-market and development costs and increase dev team satisfaction. Ultimately, you’ll get a higher quality product faster, with less expense and less stress.
DevOps consulting services are a valuable investment for organizations looking to improve their software development pipeline and remain competitive in today’s fast-paced business environment.
More on Reasons to Hire a DevOps Consulting Team
In 2023, there is no need to develop a DevOps department inside the company or startup when you can hire consultants who will perform the same tasks with a higher level of technical expertise and project experience than an in-house novice.
Companies usually hire a DevOps consultant to compensate for:
- Lack of understanding and knowledge: Transparency is very important for critical evaluation of an organization. People who do not work for that organization or people from outside can evaluate the growth of a company in addition to the persons currently working there.
- To maintain the functionality or workflow of the Company: DevOps focuses on using technology to work together and always trying to get better every day. A consultant can help find problems with both people and technology, making things simpler and more efficient. It can reduce stress and make things easier for everyone involved.
- Nominal Fund for Development: Implementing DevOps practices takes time and resources, but starting early can make the development process faster and better. Even if you don’t have everything you need, you can start with a consultation to figure out what improvements need to be made and implement them along the way. DevOps can also help save money by reducing errors. A consulting team can help find ways to save money and reduce costs.
- Hidden Cost: DevOps practices can help companies find and fix mistakes, get things done faster, and save money by using resources more effectively. A team of experts can help you find ways to save money and put these practices into practice.
- Need for constant support: DevOps practices require regular maintenance and support in order to deliver results. A consulting team can help by providing ongoing support to help teams adapt to new processes and tools, while ensuring they work well together.
DevOps Consulting Process
No matter which consulting company you choose, they will take you through the same line of steps:
- assessment. As a result, you will receive an action plan for improvements to analyze and implement in the current pipeline.
- strategy design, Strategy usually involves selecting the tools, processes, and best practices that will work best for the particular situation and are 100% aligned with your team’s goals and budget.
- execution. This may include setting up infrastructure, configuring equipment, and training teams on new processes and practices.
- Testing and Feedback. The consultant conducts testing to ensure that all new processes work effectively and collects feedback from the dev team to identify what else can be improved.
- ongoing support. As your company grows, new challenges may emerge for a DevOps consultant. Plus, with this option, you get a guarantee that the results of the improvement implementation won’t diminish because the consultant stops working with your team.
The Risks Of Hiring The “Wrong” Consulting Team
Long story short, you’ll get the opposite of what you expect:
- Disorganized roadmap of suspicious actions. If your advisor can’t explain the direct relationship between the tools/processes/technologies they offer to implement and the expected results, don’t trust their advice. Remember that it is your sole responsibility for such investments, and choose only professionals who can explain their approach from A to Z.
- Increased cost. Messy planning leads to orchestrated activity. And in turn, it causes unnecessary expenditure, delay, error etc.
- Hazard Security risk. DevOps processes are highly involved in the handling of sensitive data, and a less-specialized consulting team may not have the necessary security measures in place to protect it. This could result in a data breach or other security incidents, putting your project at risk.
- Team demotivation. The advisor you hire should be a harbinger of positive changes. And if the situation turns out to be the opposite, your team will doubt your ability to manage the process and take care of them. If your experts are forced to follow low-quality DevOps advice, they won’t be happy about it.
So there you have it. By 2023, DevOps Consultancy is not rocket science for anyone, make sure to use these services from the very beginning of your project and select only talented teams for it to avoid any potential risk.
Emerging Trends of DevOps
To get a complete understanding of DevOps, it is important to know the trends that develop around it.
- DevSecOps- Security concern in DevSecOps is increasing day by day. It is expected that the retail size will exceed US$ 23.16 billion by 2029. DevSecOps is highly popular due to the safety, security, quality of work and profitable results provided by it. It maintains product quality and eradicates product delays, deficiencies and cost overruns.
- ALOps- It helps you identify the root cause of the problem in your organization, which affects the workflow. With the help of experts, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and DevOps consultants, you can easily monitor and code applications more efficiently. It is projected that the market potential of ALOps will grow from US$2.83 billion in 2021 to US$19.93 billion by 2028.
- git ops- It is used to present the overall framework. It offers automation features that eliminate the task of manually managing storage. Many freelancers or IT workers use Git to develop secure software without any confusion. It enhances the inclusive performance of the DevOps team.
- Microservices Architecture- Many organizations use this application to improve their overall efficiency. It basically divides a large scale application into sub-parts to improve performance and provide quality. In 2018, the market size of microservice architecture was $2073 million, and it is now estimated to reach $8073 million by 2026. The most well-known companies including Uber – a transportation platform, Netflix – a content streaming service, and Amazon – a virtual shopping venue use microservices architecture to achieve agility, higher profits, and work in a more efficient manner.
- low code application– A person who belongs to non-technical field can use this application to develop software. Because it requires very little coding. Its market value is estimated to reach US$ 94.78 billion by 2028. It provides many facilities at the time of developing software like coding, application design, layout, standard quality etc.
SRE- It stands for Site Reliability Engineering, SRE has grown significantly. It works to bridge the gap between the development unit and IT functionality to streamline the challenging process. As per the information, DevOps and SRE will work together to enhance the operational performance in future.