Have you noticed that there is no “Share” option in your list of Liked songs on Spotify? you’re not alone! But don’t worry—sharing the songs you love with friends is easy. If you’re using a PC or Mac, you can use the Spotify desktop app to copy your favorite songs into a shareable playlist. If you’re using the Spotify mobile app, Chromebook, or web app, you can use a free tool called Share Like Songs that creates a shareable playlist for you. You can also make your new Favorites list public so that it appears on your profile. This wikiHow teaches you the easiest way to share songs you’ve liked on Spotify with friends.
[Edit]things you should know
- The list of favorited songs is not shareable, but you can copy songs to a playlist and make it public and shareable.
- If you’re using a computer, you can select all liked songs in the desktop app and drag them into the new playlist.
- It is not possible to select all liked songs on the mobile or web app, but you can use a free tool called Share Like Songs to create and share your list of liked songs.
- Go to https://tusindfryd.github.io/share-liked-songs in a web browser. If you’re using Spotify on your phone, tablet, or web browser, it’s not possible to copy liked songs to a new playlist like in the desktop app. Share Liked Songs is a free tool developed by a Spotify listener that helps users create a playlist from their favorite songs that’s easy to share, even if you’re not using the desktop app.
- You can access this free tool using any web browser on your computer, Android, iPhone, or iPad.
- If you just want to share a liked song, you can click or tap on the three dots on the title of the song, select shareand choose a sharing method.
- Click. This opens a page that describes how to access the songs you want to share to create your shareable playlist.
- If you aren’t already signed in to Spotify in your web browser, enter your login information when prompted to sign in.
- Review the terms and click Done. To use Share Favorites, you need to allow the app to access your Spotify account data. This app will not give your passwords or any of your personal information to the developer, and you can remove these permissions at any time later.
- Click. Share Favorited Songs will now generate a new playlist containing the songs from your favorited songs list. When the playlist is created, its URL will appear at the bottom of the page.
- If you’ve liked more than 10,000 songs, you’ll only be able to access the first 10,000 shared songs.
- Click on the URL to open your new playlist. Now you have a playlist called Favorite Songs that’s easy to share!
- Your new playlist is public by default. If you want it to be private or visible only to the people you share it with, click the three dots at the top of the playlist, then choose make private,
- To share a playlist, click or tap on the three horizontal dots at the top of the playlist, select shareAnd then choose a sharing method.
- For example, if you’re on Android or iPhone, you can share the songs you love in a text message, on Twitter, or virtually anywhere else.
- You can also click or tap copy Link (on mobile) or copy link to playlist (on a computer) To copy the URL of a playlist to your clipboard so you can paste it anywhere.
[Edit]Using the Spotify Desktop App
- Open the Spotify app on your PC or Mac. The trick is to make sure you’re using the official PC or Mac Spotify desktop app, as the web version of the app won’t allow you to select all of your liked songs at once. If you normally use Spotify in your web browser, you’ll need to install the Spotify desktop app, which you can get from https://explore.spotify.com/us/pages/desktop-app.
- If you’re using Spotify on your Chromebook or don’t want to install the desktop app, you can use the Share Like Songs tool to build your own playlists instead.
- Creating a playlist is easy, even if you don’t have Spotify Premium.
- If you want to share only one liked song, you can just click on the three dots on the title of the song, select shareand choose a sharing method.
- Create a new playlist with your favorite songs. To do this, just click + Create Playlist in the left panel. This creates a new playlist with a generic name, such as “My Playlist #73.” You’ll probably want to click on the generic playlist name and name it something like “Songs I Like”.
- Click your You’ll see it near the top of the left pane. It’s the purple and white heart icon near the top of the left panel. You will now see all the liked songs that you haven’t shared yet.
- Click once on any of your favorite songs to select it. This highlights the song.
- To select all songs at once, press (PC) or (Mac). This keyboard shortcut will highlight all songs in your Favorites list, including those not visible on the screen.
- Drag the highlighted songs to your new playlist in the left panel. Your latest playlist should be at the top of your playlists in the left pane. Dragging the highlighted area will copy all the tracks in the Favorites playlist to your new playlist.
- Share your new playlist. Once you’ve copied the songs, click on your new playlist in the left panel to view it—all the songs you liked should be there!
- To make your Favorited playlist public so that it appears on your profile, click the three dots at the top and select make public,
- To copy the link to the playlist of your favorite songs so you can share it with others, click the three dots , select shareand then choose copy link to playlist,
- Want to move your favorited songs to a different Spotify account? Simply use the steps in this guide to create a playlist of the songs you love and share them with your new account. On your new account, simply open the playlist and select the songs you like.
- You can also curate awesome playlists to share with friends based on songs you don’t like.