With all of TikTok’s exciting new features, it certainly has come a long way. The platform has over a billion users who love to spend time on it, watching videos and also creating.
Creating a TikTok video and happily posting it, only to realize that you made a typo error in the caption or didn’t add the caption in the first place can be very annoying.
All that enthusiasm and hard work in vain? Well, don’t worry as it is too early to jump to any conclusions.
How to edit Tiktok caption after posting? Can you edit a Tiktok caption?
Like the user in the tweet above, do you have similar questions on your mind? If you’re wondering if there’s a way to go back and edit a TikTok caption after posting, let’s find out.
In this article, we are going to explain various methods for ‘How to edit TikTok caption after posting’ and also talk about the importance of adding captions to your TikTok videos.
How to add caption in Tiktok?
There is no doubt that there has been a huge growth for TikTok in the last 2 years. However, with so many newly added interesting features, the one that caught the attention of the users is the Closed Captions.
There is no need to question why as it is quite helpful in many ways. Not only does it break down the language barrier, but it also helps the audience understand the creator more clearly. So now, let’s have a look at the steps to add captions in TikTok.
- record a recent video or choose that you want to upload.
- then tap on green checkbox at the bottom right to confirm the publication of the video.
- Now, from the bottom of the screen, select Basic lesson option and add it.
- then select Colour, alignmentAnd Font for text.
- after that, you can step Or shift text anywhere on the screen.
- choose time using clock button To display the text at the desired time.
- adjust now text box Together This time tap more Play for preview.
- Finally, when you are done with the steps, click Complete,
Using these simple steps, you can easily add captions to your TikTok videos. Now let’s come to ‘Can you edit TikTok captions after posting?’ Let’s find the answer. In the next part.
Can you edit TikTok captions after posting?
If you are a Tiktok user wondering how to edit a Tiktok caption and wondering the question ‘Can you edit a Tiktok caption?’, the straight answer to this question is sadly no. .
But don’t worry, because there is still a way to edit TikTok captions. If you have recently posted a Tiktok caption in haste or made some typo error in its caption, then using some simple steps you can edit Tiktok caption.
In the next part of the article, we will cover the steps on how to edit captions on TikTok after posting.
How to edit caption on Tiktok after posting?
If you’ve made an exciting TikTok post and forgot to write a caption or left something out, it can be annoying. But if you have realized it in time, there is still a way ‘How to edit TikTok caption after posting.’
delete and repost tiktok video
Now, we will move to the steps of ‘How to edit TikTok caption after posting’ and explain the process using simple steps.
- then on For you Tap on the page Me from the bottom right.
- Then choose Posted video, and when it opens, tap three horizontal points on the right.
- Now the Options tab will appear. click on save video,
- Once you have saved it, click on , Icon from middle bottom.
- then tap Pour from the bottom right.
- Now the gallery will open, choose Rescued tap one more next,
- After adding text, stickers, or effects, when you reach Post section, enter caption, You can also change your audience preferences.
These steps will help you get the answer to ‘How to edit caption on TikTok’. If you feel that this method will not work for you, then you can proceed with a different way, and that is to use third-party apps.
Save via third-party apps and repost
Since the logo and username are on the TikTok video after it is downloaded, it can be a bit annoying, especially when it is your own video!
Not only this but downloading the Tiktok video once posted also affects the quality. So what to do to edit Tiktok caption? There is another way, that is, if you do not want to compromise on the quality then using third-party apps to edit TikTok captions.
Some third-party apps allow you to keep the quality of downloaded TikTok videos intact, and others even remove the red filter, watermark, and logo on TikTok so you can watch them without worrying about their quality changing. Can repost and be impressed. Some of the Tiktok video downloaders are listed below:
Using these third-party tools, you can easily download TikTok videos in good quality to repost, and in some, even without username and watermark.
⚠️ Disclaimer, There is no guarantee that the above list of third-party tools will be completely safe to use and will not capture any of your personal data. Therefore, readers are solely responsible for their own actions.
how to edit auto caption on tiktok
TikTok has a useful feature to add auto-captions to videos. As you can tell from its name itself, using this feature, captions are automatically added to the video. However, only the words that the creator is speaking are added to the audio, and therefore, captions cannot be edited or customized.
Not only that, you can’t change the font or color of the text in Auto-Caption. So, if you want your captions to appear differently or make changes to them, you can add them manually. To edit auto-captions:
- open TIC Toc And record,choose A video to upload.
- Now enable editing mode by clicking on green check mark,
- then select caption from the right side of the screen.
- After that, captions will be automatically generated for the selected video.
- To edit the caption or fix typos, you can tap edit button.
- Finally, click on save, And the changes will be automatically saved to the video.
You can edit auto Tiktok caption by following the above steps. But is there really any need to add captions to your TikTok videos? Let us have a look at the points listed below.
Top 5 Reasons to Add Captions to Your TikTok Videos
In case some of you don’t know, there are two types of captions on TikTok – Closed Captions and Subtitles. So is there a need to add either of the two?
Well, now that you know how to edit TikTok captions, here are some reasons that might help you understand why one should use this feature. They are listed below:
- If the creator is using a different language, they can add subtitles for better understanding and to connect with a wide range of users.
- If creators know the best time to post on TikTok they can get better engagement and viewers can easily understand what content they are getting.
- There are many creators with different accents on Tiktok. Hence, this is where the subtitles feature steps in to help.
- For special users who require additional hearing aids, they can refer to closed captions to get an idea of what the creator is trying to say.
- TikTok creators don’t have to be native to their entire audience for subtitles to help them.
- If the user is in a situation where they cannot enable TikTok’s voice, they can read subtitles or closed captions.
These are some points that describe the essence of features, such as captions and subtitles. While this may not be the same case for everyone, it is often the case when they come in handy for many.
TikTok has certainly gained immense popularity in the wake of COVID-19. With helpful features like going live on TikTok, closed captions, and subtitles, TikTok makes it easier for audiences of diverse audiences to more clearly understand the context of videos.
However, many users have raised the question whether they can edit captions on TikTok after posting. Since there is no such feature or option from Tiktok side, we have given the methods for the same in the article. Hope they get help.
questions to ask
Answer: If you want to edit a TikTok video or change its caption after posting it, the only way is to delete it and repost it with the changes.
Answer: Once you add or put any hashtags on your TikTok video, and it is posted, they cannot be edited or changed.
Answer: Yes, if you go directly to the draft it is possible to add captions to drafts after they have not been uploaded yet.
Answer: Editing a draft video on TikTok is a fairly easy process. The steps for this are as follows:
- Open Tiktok and go to your profile.
- Now choose a video which you want to edit.
- Make necessary changes and add captions.
- Now, you can either go back or publish the video.
Answer: Yes, one can control who comments on their TikTok videos. They can do so with the help of the privacy menu:
- Tap on the vertical three dots icon from the main TikTok page.
- Now select Privacy.
- Change the security settings for who can send me comments.
You can also make changes to Duets, react, send messages, and more.