WordPress powers 35% of the entire internet and that is definitely a big number. Not only this, 661 new WordPress websites are created daily. These statistics give a clear indication of the usage of the platform. Every business today has a WordPress website.
Among all other platforms, WordPress development services by Brainwire is chosen because of its user-friendly experience and easy to use capabilities.
Compare – WordPress.org – WordPress.com
For anyone starting a WordPress website, the first thing to understand is that hosting your website on wordpress.org is more ideal. This is because it is a complete self-hosting platform and provides a good amount of freedom to developers and users. It can create its own website without any coding knowledge.
- getting a domain name
Domain name is choosing the name of the website. There are 1.5 billion active websites in the world today, which means being creative and unique can be challenging here. Make sure to keep it short, simple, easy to understand. Keep a name that can stick in the readers mind. Make sure it is appropriate for the domain extension.
Various name generator tools can give ideas. Check domain name availability with providers like GoDaddy.
- buy wordpress hosting
After you decide on a domain name, buy it before others can take it. There are also affordable options available, although you may have to compromise on expansion. When it comes to hosting, choosing a platform is essential. There are various hosting options, such as shared, dedicated (VPS), or WordPress hosting. However, if someone is just starting out, then shared hosting is the best option for them.
The first and foremost thing is to find out the needs of the website. Next is to research the different hosting platforms. Compare different aspects like:
- Signup price and renewal cost
- technical requirements
- ease of use
- Available Support Services
- degree of customization possible
- cancellation policies
There are many lists available that inform the best hosting sites.
- install wordpress software
After you’ve figured out the hosting platform, you’ll need to install the WordPress software. Most hosting servers today enable 1-click WordPress installation. Depending on your server, install the software accordingly.
If the server does not have 1-click installation, the software will need to be installed manually using FTP or other recommended services depending on the domain.
- WordPress Components
- HomeThe Home tab is the default page on the WordPress dashboard.
- Update: The Updates tab deals with frequent updates to areas, such as plugins, themes, and other core software items.
- posts: This is the tab where all the articles, posts, stories are posted. This tab can be accessed and entered as well. It has been analyzed that 2.75 million posts are posted on WordPress every day.
- notes: Comments on posts are available on this tab. User can feel free to turn off comments.
- PresenceAppearance tab: As the name suggests, the Appearance tab determines the design of your WordPress website. This is an important factor. It is observed that a poor design can alienate the audience which results in a high bounce rate. Make sure the design is attractive but also relevant to your niche.
- plug-inPlug-in: Adds to the functionality of WordPress. For example, WP Optimize is a speed optimization plug-in for WordPress. You can also use Amelia, a WordPress booking system, or wpDataTables, a great WordPress table plugin.
- Settings and Tools: These two options enable the changing of settings and the selection of tools such as Import or Export.
These are on the dashboard most of the time. There are other options as well.
- wordpress theme
As mentioned above, design is key to audience engagement. It is heavily dependent on the design theme. Theme determines the overall look of a WordPress website. There are free as well as paid themes available. This will also affect the customization available.
- wordpress plugins
WordPress plugins add functionality to a website. These include better page loading, security, caching, etc. It has been observed that by using security plugins you can avoid 70% of security problems.
- wordpress security
You can consolidate login and admin pages. You can also use security plugins authorized by WordPress. Some include bulletproof protection.
- wordpress seo
WordPress handles on-page SEO one by one. You can also optimize SEO by using title tags, hashtags, and other media links. Plugins are also available for this.
- wordpress support
WordPress has built up a large community by now and tutorials are available. Community forums are also available.
- website analytics
Having a website also makes it important to understand how to optimize content based on analytics.
WordPress is currently the most popular CMS because of its user-friendliness. If you are a newbie in the digital field, then WordPress CMS can be the best solution for you. So what are you waiting for, take a look at this WordPress tutorial for beginners and start your blog or website today!